TANDAA 2008: The Kenya Content Conference
The Kenya ICT Board will be holding the Kenya Content Conference dubbed â€œTANDAA 2008â€. Tandaa is Kiswahili for spread or network (verb).
At this conference, the board will launch the National Digital Content Strategy â€“ the plan that will be used to stimulate Local Content Development in Kenya. The Kenya ICT Board has targeted to grow internet usage by 50% annually from the current 3 Million users to 12 Million users in 2012.
The Local Development Programme is seen as pivotal to the optimal usage of the infrastructure that is being developed by the Kenya government i.e. the Undersea Optic Fibre Cable project and the National Optic Fibre Cable project, both of which are expected to be in Kenya in the coming year.
In addition, the Local Content Development programme is complimentary to the boardâ€™s Rural Inclusion programme â€“ Digital Villages Project that has been branded Pasha.
Tandaa08 will be an ideal platform to sensitize Kenyans on:-
Business and other opportunities that lie in Content Development
- Business applications Development and promotion mechanisms
- Entertainment media and Community Publishing
Ongoing initiatives by government and public sector for creating an enabling environment for Content Development:
- Business incubation mechanism
- Develop Venture Capital system
- Aligning policy and incentives to support content development
- How to identify relevant local content
- The collection and preservation of traditional content
- The distribution of content of all kinds to every Kenyan who needs it
More information on TANDAA 2008 and online registration can be found here